Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Art Supplies



I'm taking an online sketching/drawing course with Cathy Johnston, and our first assignment was to try various pencils. I was able to get this done, but since I am away from home and away from my scanner, I've had to photograph, try (sans decent software!) to fix the contrast in the image so it can be viewed.

While I've used a number of pencils, charcoal and pens for this assignment, my favorite and most used tools are my mechanical pencil and Uniball Vision Elite permanent pen.

I'm using 170# coldpressed watercolor paper so I can add a bit of wash to my sketches, and the charcoal just smeared too much to my liking. However, I've been 'playing' by adding a bit of water with a waterbrush to the charcoal and loved the results! I'll post later.

7 comments:

Kathleen Pequignot said...

An online class! Good for you! I hope you have lots of fun sketching!!! :)

Felicity Grace said...

Thanks so much Lin! This is so interesting. (I think 'Vision Elite' is starting to stick in my memory now, I shall see if I can find it here) The classes sound great, hope you have lots of fun!

Nita Van Zandt said...

Lin, I just got your comment on my "salt shaker" and realized--it's a pepper grinder! So funny! So I fixed all the names.

Thanks for bringing me to my senses!

I'm looking forward to what you produce in Kate's class, she's really cool and supportive!

Teri said...

Great start Lin!

Linda said...

Great job, Lin -- and I really like it that you did a little drawing with each pen to show what it does!

Lindsay said...

First assignment! Yea. Looks likeyou had fun

MD said...

Online course with Cathy Johnson??? When ? How? I want to too!!!
Lovely sektches! or sketches even..LOL
MD