Saturday, January 07, 2006

More Sketches from Resolutions


Yesterday was filled with all those running-around errands that one needs to do but which eat away at the day until you find it's 5:00 pm and all those things you WANTED to do or THOUGHT you were going to get done were replaced with an assortment of odds and ends you can't even recall. Still, at 8:00 pm I decided it was TIME to keep my personal promise to sketch every day ... and so sat down to do these sketches.

The treadmill gave me one big FIT! I wound up using my eraser more than my pencil! And I thought FACES were difficult! I just could not get those handles NEAR to what I was seeing until I remembered to look at the 'negative' space between the bars! LIGHTBULB! And the little meter attached to the top of the bar is off on the right hand corner, and though I tried to fix it with a pen ... just couldn't get it right. What a learning experience!

After THAT, I wanted to do some more 'relaxed' sketches -- so sat at my art table and drew the tube of 'Udder Cream,' which really DOES work, by the way, to heal cracked, dry skin!

And lastly, I wanted to return to sketching nature, and since it was cold and very dark outside, I sketched the lily from one of the catalogues I received this year.

I'm finding I prefer sketching earlier in the day and WILL find a way to do that more often!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I think after all that erasing, you
got it. Ah the negative space -- maybe
that's my problem. Good job.
Lorraine

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

very cool sketch, i especially like the Udder Cream! Actually, the treadmill came out great too, I think, despite your concerns. Fun multiple sketch!

Felicity Grace said...

Goodness, I have lots of days like that :)! Wow, but you have been busy sketching, it must feel great. Love the flowers and the treadmill looks good - I try to remember the negative spaces too. It's kind of like drawing jigsaw pieces!

Shelly McC said...

Great sketches. Good on you so far. Love the treadmill.

Teri said...

Kudos to you for keeping your resolutions and sharing those neat sketches with us!

I like doing evening sketches to summarize my day. Then I know what was important besides all the busyness (I had one today and am off to sketch)