Thursday, January 12, 2006

Salt and Pepper / Lighting Fixture



I normally don't go out to eat at lunch, but I'm trying to walk a mile or two a day, and so decided to get away from the computer and find a quick meal. I ate a salad at Appleby's and sketched the salt and pepper shakers as I waited for my Oriental Salad (I LOVE THOSE!). Just as I was ready to leave, instead of looking at my plate and sketchbook, I looked up and noticed (DUH) some awesome Tiffany light fixtures! I could have hit myself in the head! Instead, I'll go back NEXT week for another salad and sketch those!

I wound up walking 2 miles around the indoor medical mall. Having thought to LOOK UP at the restaurant, I did again and noticed some wonderful lighting fixtures throughout the mall. I kept staring at these during my walk; then returned for a sandwich at the Cafe and a chance to sketch those.

(The adhesive tape and dispenser was done quickly as I waited for the rainstorm to ease up enough for me to leave my office and head to the medical mall for my walk.)

No comments: