Friday, February 03, 2006

The Mint


Apparently I'm having a 'challenge' this week making up my mind about pens, pencils, styles ... I sketched this very veined clump of mint leaves in several different pens ... adding more dark lines, leaving out details, adding watercolor. I "THINK?" I like the bottom right best ...simply because it's not so confusing or overly done with details. I know 'composition' and 'inclusion and exclusion' of details is all part of the process of sketching ... but I hope that making those decisions gets easier!

2 comments:

no one said...

Hey Lin, It's always so fun to experiment with new materials and techniques. I think it does get easier to make those decisions about what to & not to include. I'm a bit of a frantic sketcher so I exclude alot of those tiny details, (but maybe that will change) These are all really nice in thier own ways I wouldn't pick a favorite, love them all!

Terri said...

I like them all Lin, but if forced to pic, I guess I'd say the one with colour. :o) I think you did a great job with all three.