Sunday, March 19, 2006

EDM #59




This week's challenge is to sketch signs of spring. Though we've been having warm temperatures up until now, THIS week, the first week of spring, our temperatures are dipping into the 50s ... BRRR!

However, my property and the plants on it, is about two weeks behind those where I work since I'm about 80 miles north. So for this challenge, though I've sketched similar plants at work, I've included three plants from my property: forsythia, crab apple and flowering almond.

6 comments:

Terri said...

Your crabapple is glorious! Mine is covered in little red fruits now as we approach Autumn. How wonderful to be able to enjoy spring blossom again through your work. :o)

Anonymous said...

beautiful flowers! I just love fruit trees in the spring; they always have the prettiest blossoms. We're still trying to melt off the 2 feet of snow we got last week; no flowers here yet!

Teri said...

Oh these are so BEAUTIFUL, Lin!!! I love these spring flowering trees! I have never seen a flowering almond and it looks gorgeous!

Carolyn A. Pappas said...

I really like the botanical drawings you've been doing lately. I'm going to start once it gets a little warmer outside. It's still in the 30's here in Massachusetts.

Linda said...

Lin, these are really wonderful! I love them all -- just perfect.

pedalpower said...

Lin these are beautiful! Very detailed! This has been such a good year for the flowering trees and shrubs!