Friday, March 31, 2006

First Lesson Homework and Tree Challenge



The alumni from Kate's classes set up a monthly challenge. Last month was windows; this month is trees. My first lesson focused on watercolor washes, so I combined the challenge of homework and the tree challenge to create this watercolor. (Sioux did the same combination!)

I painted the tree twice (though the trees here are the same painting - one darkened by Photoshop to help get the colors on screen closer to real life) -- and I'll probably paint it again while I continue practicing using more watercolor than pencil!

6 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

Oh, Lin, I love your tree. The colors are wonderful.

Teri said...

Beautiful Lin! Can't wait to see what you all do in your class.

Donn said...

Lin, I like your trees! Great painting. You're getting the hang of it okay, so it seems.

Terri said...

Oh these trees are beautiful Lin!! You have such a delicate touch with that watercolour. :o)

MD said...

I love this tree. I love the looseness and the soft colours. Absolutely luscious.
MD

SideShowMom said...

Wonderful colors and form in the tree! Great work!