Sunday, March 05, 2006

Palm Trees




Before I left for Florida, I told Laura I'd try to sketch a few 'trees' to follow her monthlong focus on tree sketches.








I sketched two in particular that I was happy with -- one, a view of the palm that creates music for my mom as it sways in the breezes and strokes her windowpanes.

This second sketch is of a group of palms that welcome visitors to her apartment building. They stood in their own little 'island oasis' and were just a wonderful greeting.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Hello Lin. I particularly like the palm seen through the window. What a great perspective! This is a terrific drawing. Palms are tricky things to draw. I've tried to draw a large date palm in our local park. It's amazing how much detail you take for granted and only discover when you actually look carefully to draw it. :o)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these wonderful tree sketches, Lin! I can't believe how much you got done on your trip! You put the energizer bunny to shame!

Linda said...

Lin -- wonderful palm trees!