Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Strawberry Festival


I find the roads and traffic on the gulfcoast side of Florida to be the most frustrating dance of stop and go, lights and skids, construction and detour that I've ever seen -- and that includes driving in Sicily!

My sister (the one with the broken hand) has decided she's a better driver than navigator, and I, the sister who loses herself in a paperbag, has been designated the navigator. Truth be told, every female in my family is horribly geographically challenged - no matter WHAT the circumstances!

So off we go, my two sisters, mom and I, for a one hour trip that involves a breakfast stop at I-Hop (I really want to add color to this breakfast, but not tonight! LOL), a bit less than four 'oh I don't think THIS is the right road's', finding the festival where we all remove our sweaters in deference to the 85 degree weather, and promptly line up at the port-a-potty before heading to the fair. (Doesn't everyone?? LOL)

No comments: