Sunday, March 12, 2006

Visiting My Daughter



This weekend was my daughter's baby shower.

We spent Friday shopping and visiting ... a great catching up time. My goodness, the baby is growing, as is she!

Yesterday was her baby shower. What a wonderful, generous and supportive group of friends she has! Relatives from all over came to bring gifts and wish her well. The baby shower was two hours from her home so most of yesterday was spent driving and visiting relatives and friends, eating some scrumptious food and opening gifts.

Today was the long drive home ... already I miss her! I didn't get too much of a chance to sketch, but I did a few things-- her bottle of water and drink of choice. She had one of these at hand all day, all night, and everywhere we went. Needless to say, we also spent a good amount of time checking out the restrooms! LOL

With all the activity, Michelle also needed a bit more rest, so I was able to capture her as she relaxed with a magazine before the television.

2 comments:

Teri said...

How sweet. What grandchild is this one? I like the one where she is resting-it is so natural.

Linda said...

Lin, this is so exciting for you! Is it Michelle's first baby? (ooh -- did I get your daughter's name right?) Do you have other grandchildren? Grandchildren -- how neat would THAT be!
:-D