Thursday, May 18, 2006

EDM #67 Mom


Whenever I think of my mom, I think of her love of flowers. I've inherited that love from her, as has my daughter inherited that love from me. I'm hoping Taylor will also love flowers as much as we all do.

When I was growing up, my mom had a beautiful, highly scented rose bush by the side of our home. When I got to the B&B this week, Rebecca has a vase of roses in my room. I sketched this for my mom and the rose bush she loved and from which she decorated so many rooms in our house -- and for Rebecca - who mirrors the same love of vased flowers and roses!

6 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

Beautiful, Lin. Aren't roses fun to draw!

Teri said...

They are so beautiful Lin and such a wonderful tradition-that love of flowers. I hope you let the new baby smell them so she gets the right gene going :)

Tami said...

You have done a wonderful job on these roses! What a beautiful way to remember your Mom! I hope Taylor gets that gene also.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful memories, Lin, and how lucky you are to have inherited the the love of flowers from your mother--it's a source of continual joy, isn't it? Your recent flower sketches are among my favorites.

Shelly McC said...

Gorgeous roses!

starrgirl's world said...

what a wonderful legacy. And this is a nice journal page expressing it. These roses are beautiful!