Wednesday, May 31, 2006

EDM 69 Beverage


I am so enjoying being with my daughter and granddaughter! And though she doesn't have a scanner, if I play a bit with her PhotoShop Elements, I can get a half-way decent image of my sketches!! YEAH!!

So here's my beverage -- and a big learning curve! The image is from Wet Canvas and while it contained some gorgeous color and a silver spoon , no matter how much I tried, my silver spoon looked like some plastic utensil from my granddaughter's playset. So I cropped it out! I believe this is supposed to be a glass of water with lemon and ice ... and while I've gotten some of the reflections fairly decently, my ice cubes need some help! LOL

But it was fun, and sure stretched my abilities! LOL

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome painting, Lin! Personally I think adding in a spoon would detract from the mood of the composition. This is really a neat painting, love those colours!

Teri said...

Oh my gosh, those colors are gorgeous and really different style for you! Love it.

Anonymous said...

What great picturs! Especially the drink one...that seems like a new style for you to play with. What fun! How old is your granddaughter?--Carol

Tami said...

I think this is wonderful, I love how you filled the whole page with color.

Nancy VT said...

HAND RAISED!!! I WANT THIS ONE!!!!

Penny said...

WOW Lin -- I got way behind in looking at your art work this last week!! You have been BUSY!!! I adore the wonderfully vibrant colors in this glass of water and lemon! I love how there is no white at all in the picture!! VERY NICE Lin!!

Anonymous said...

If this makes you feel better about your reflective surfaces, John Ruskin recommends that you stay away from anything shiny for a long while during the learning process.

Rachel