Sunday, May 14, 2006

Orchids


My sweet husband surprised me with a GLORIOUS vase (hand-painted no less) of lemony-scented orchids for Mother's Day! WHAT A SKETCHING opportunity!!

WHAT A CHALLENGE!!

I liked my linework -- but oh -- I must devote MUCH more practice to keeping my watercolors light and light-filled!!

What an excuse to ask for more vases of flowers!! LOL

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOTHERS OF CHILDREN, PETS, GARDENS, HOBBIES, AND ALL THOSE WHO CARE AND CONCERN THEMSELVES WITH OTHERS!

6 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

These are absolutely beautiful. You did a tremendous job!

Teri said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!! I am just about speechless at their beauty Lin.

And that husband of yours is awesome!

Linda said...

Beautiful job, Lin! And Happy Mother's Day to you! :-)

Terri said...

Oh my these are GORGEOUS!!!

Anastasia said...

This is a wonderful illustration - glad to hear you had a great Mothers Day!

Julie Oakley said...

You've really caught the structure of those orchids. Well done!