Tuesday, July 18, 2006

11:00 pm sketching


What do you sketch for your daily commitment after a workday that ends after 10:00 PM and you crawl into a rented bed, sans contact lenses, with nothing but your sketchbook, wallet, and pencil?

The room I was in at the B&B last night wasn't my ususal one, so I didn't have a desk, lighting, or anything close enough to me to SEE without my contact lenses, so all I could do was prowl around my wallet to uncover SOMETHING I might have at hand that I could hold 2" from my nose to sketch.

I found a photo of my grandson taking his wobbly first steps into my arms ... and decided that fatigue be darned, I was going to sketch! So here's what happens after a 15-hour workday and a commitment to sketch SOMETHING no matter what!

I'll be writing grants for the next two days -- BUT I should have at least a bit longer to sketch! I HOPE!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOve your sketchbook pages, so beautiful and lovely, beautiful watercolor paintings!!

Teri said...

Lin, you are really hooked when you can't sleep till you sketch something. I admire that tenacity in you. Bravo! And such a cute little sketch of your favorite subject in the worst conditions.

Linda said...

Good grief -- you get the DEDICATION AWARD -- which I guess you'd have to share with Laura!

You make me hang my head in shame!

starrgirl's world said...

I admire your commitment! and the sketch is lovely - you do so well when you're tired!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

You are just the best, the best, the most dedicated, the most caring, the most indefatigable, the best all around. I really admire you, Lin.

Carole said...

Awww. What a gorgeous picture. I also admire your resolution to sketch, no matter what the lateness of the hour or how tired you are.

Cin said...

you are inspiring Lin! next time "I don't feel like it" I'm going to think of this and draw no matter what!