Saturday, July 08, 2006

Carrots and Nick




I'm continuing work on the monthlong vegetable challenge from Kate's classes and enjoying them immensely ... probably, as folks have pointed out, because like flowers, I'm very familiar with vegetables!! So here's another -- carrots!

Also, while visiting my daughter, I decided late last night to keep my commitment to practice sketching my grandchildren at least once a week. So at 11:15 PM after a five hour drive, dinner, playing with Taylor, catching up with my daugher, I picked up a pencil and captured this first image of Nick ... I was so thrilled I woke up my husband to show him!!

So, undetered (fool that I am) I tried again this morning -- okay but not as good in my humble opinion. So, I'll try again later today and then I'll add a watercolor wash just to show my courage!

13 comments:

Belinha Fernandes said...

I must say I love your handwritting!But the paitings are also very nice!

Jana Bouc said...

Did you draw those kid pictures from memory? They're great. I love the carrots too. And I know what you mean about drawing late at night after a long day.

Anonymous said...

I love both your drawings of Nick! And if they're not the same, that's good, isn't it? After all, if that's what you wanted you would have used a camera.... What are you making with the carrots..? Carrot soup, carrot salad, a side dish, carrot cake, muffins.... can you tell I like carrots??!!!

Teri said...

Lin, those sketches of Nick are so precious and they DO look like him! Keep going and practicing--I can see you getting better everytime you try.

And your carrots are AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

Your carrots are wonderful-- you definitely have an affinity for the green, growing things ;D. I love your grandchild drawings, too---there's so much love and care in them.

Shelly McC said...

Great drawings!

Tami said...

Sweetheart, your are just amazing me!!! These just keep getting better and better! I can see why you wanted to wake up charles!

Terri said...

Wow, so much of your work to catch up on!! I knew there would be (g). I am loving your grandchildren sketches. The love in them is obvious. I'm also really enjoying these vegetables. You really do have a great affinity with plants!! Great to catch up Lin!

Robyn said...

Trouble with drawing veggies is that you have to have them in the pantry and then, of course, you have to eat them. This would take up the room for chocolate!

Love the sketchs, Lin.

Anonymous said...

You have done a superb job with your sketches. I admire you because you are challenging yourself.

starrgirl's world said...

Just look at those carrots! They just glow on the page, Lin. Your food sketches always make me hungry! The Nick sketch is very dear and you are getting better all the time. Wonderful work and great determination!

Nina Johansson said...

The drawing of your grandson is lovely, I really like it. Did you do it from real life?
The carrots are great too.

Sue Seibert said...

I absolutely love these carrots...good color, texture, and Nick is precious.