Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Grandkids again



I got to the B&B last night before dark!! HORRAY! So I sat down to sketch. Not feeling overly tired, I attempted my weekly grandchild portrait. The one of Nick reading I'm pretty pleased with -- it 'looks' more like him than the one of Emily and Charles.

Nonetheless, these simple images are so precious to me! I LOVE to read as does my grandchildren's father. Their mom reads to them all the time, so to see Emily and Nick enjoying books just thrills me! And having these sketches of the grands memorializing such a quiet moment with their focus on books just makes me smile!

10 comments:

Teri said...

I guess you know Lin, your grands are becoming famous! This is so sweet. My love for reading has also passed down the line to my kids and all the grands.

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

I like the bottom one best too...so sweet....and the pool drawings....caught their innocence...and the essence of small children

Tami said...

These are definately coming along! I love little Nick reading!
They just make me smile!!!

Linda said...

Lin, THIS is why the whole world should be drawing the things around them that they love! Your joy comes though in your writing and drawing -- It is perfect!

Kathleen Pequignot said...

A great set of sketches to secure those precious memories... so happy to see that you are helping children to appreciate the world of reading!!!! :)

Sue Seibert said...

Yeah...good for your family. What a precious gift...the love of reading.

Cin said...

Hi Lin, just what I was thinking too, these are so sweet! also wanted to say thanks for your comment today!

Terri said...

Special indeed! I just love both of them, but particularly the one of Charles and Nick. Your portraits are really coming ahead Lin. These are great!

Jana Bouc said...

I love the one of Nick reading. It's beautifully drawn and such a sweet image. One of my favorite pictures of my oldest son is him naked and sitting on a potty seat reading a book. He loved to read as a little one, and I always loved to read to my kids.

Felicity Grace said...

These are beautiful Lin! Yes, they are really coming along (but I'd expect nothing less from you :)!)