Saturday, July 22, 2006

Keeping the Grands



We sat for Emily and Nick Thursday night and Friday ...It was so very hot, that I introduced them to a 6" plastic pool complete with balls and watering cans. What a SPLASH! Literally! I took a ton of photos of these sweeties as they tenderly tested the water, put only their feet in the 3" of water I put in the pool, splashed and watered themselves, until they finally sat in the remaining water and played! Needless to say I was as wet as they were!

In keeping with my commitment to keep sketching these precious grandchildren of ours, I sketched my husband and Taylor from our trip to visit my daughter two weeks ago, and then combined two photos of Emily and Nick to create this 'sketchbook' style rendering.

I hope that by this time next year, I'll be closer to rendering the grandchildren's faces!! LOL

5 comments:

Tami said...

Lin, if you keep going the way you are, I have no doubt that you will be rendering their faces by next year! I like the simple sweet style of these. A moment captured in paint or ink stays, with such clarity, in the mind!

Teri said...

Oh Lin, that pool scene is soooooooooo precious! You have truly captured the essence of these cutie grands!

Jana Bouc said...

Even the drawings look cool and refreshing. You beautifully captured the active kids and their joy. I hope the weather's cooled off a bit for you.

Terri said...

Lin I recognized your husband in this drawing straight away even before I read your captions. I think you are making excellent people progress! Way to go girl!

Veedubya said...

What a chraming collection of drawings! This one is priceless. Better than photos!