Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Rebecca's Flowers


bouquet
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
I got out of work early yesterday and even sat down to a real dinner! Afterwards I decided to paint from 'life' instead of the photos I've been using when I'm at a loss for time.

Rebecca had this wonderful bouquet on her desk and so I used it as a model. The white pitcher wa filled with pink crape myrtle blossoms, artemisia and summer clematis. The scan doesn't down the shadows on the base of the pitcher ... but they're there!

6 comments:

Tami said...

Lin,

This looks so pretty! I am so proud of you!!! I can just barely see the shadows on the vase, scans can be so frustrating!

Anonymous said...

The flowers are the stars, I like that the vase is only seen as a suggestion. Beautiful done!

Teri said...

These are so pretty and delicate. Beautiful!

Terri said...

This is really lovely. Rebecca must have a lovely garden to keep up with so many lovely little arrangements in her B & B. I've never considered putting crepe myrtle in a vase before. Does it last well?

Felicity Grace said...

I like the light touch with the vase (I can see the hint of warmth in the glass and the soft shadow) and the way it focuses attention to the flowers. Lovely!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, Lin. You're such a faithful sketcher, as we've all said so many times. I love seeing these little glimpse of your days.