Saturday, September 09, 2006

Melon Basket



What a fabulous day!! A long walk around a number of craft shows, lunch outdoors at a local bakery/diner, beautiful weather --- a nice day of relaxation with enough walking to count as exercise -- and lots of eye candy!

Continuing the 'container' theme, this melon basket was purchased from the NC mountains and was woven by Terry and Sandi Henry (according to the tag). The tag also says they used natural dyes. It sits on our flour table that we use to hold music CDs.

I sketched the small version quickly this morning before we left for the day, and then sketched a larger version from a different angle later this evening.

6 comments:

Felicity Grace said...

Wow! What an intersting series! I had no idea that there was such a thing as a melon basket but since I'm slightly addicted to melon at the moment, I think I should have one :)! Super drawings! The interlocking bits are very difficult to get but these are all so well done!

Tami said...

More of your beautiful baskets! Lovely...

Teri said...

Another wonderful basket Lin! You are making me want to sketch some of my baskets now.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful texture on this, Lin

Linda said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as a melon basket, either. How lovely this is!

Jana Bouc said...

These drawings are wonderful. I especially like the way you've captured the light and shadow.