Friday, October 27, 2006

Conference Finds


I was away for a few days training in leadership skills. I arrived at the Conference Center a bit early and had a chance to walk in the brightly colored woods! I almost got lost -- mercy, my sense of direction worsens each year it seems! BUT I found some wonderful white pine trees and their cones, some acorns still intact (I haven't found ANY on my own property even with all the oak trees! Those squirrels must be busy!) and some maple leaves that had finally turned red/orange. After dinner we all retired early and I had a chance to sketch before the conference was in full swing...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that you were able to draw even though you were at a conference. I just got back from one and didn't even have the chance to doodle in the margins of my notes! :-D These are both GREAT outdoor drawings -- it's fun to draw the stuff we outdoors lovers pick up on our walks! Really well done.

Lorraine said...

Oh the detail on your acorns and pine cones is so so good. And the color/shading on all three is excellent. I love this time of year too!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Such fun little sketches and oh so good. I am with you on finding things in the woods to sketch.

Terri said...

Lin those acorns are just fantastic! Really really well done. :o))

Jana Bouc said...

I love these collection drawings, especially with such lovely colors and shapes. I read this the other day but didn't have time to comment, but thought of you when I was too tired to post yesterday. But even that wasn't enough to get the motivation.