Saturday, October 07, 2006

Deco






A number of friends and I are participating in a Deco art project. A Deco is a friendship book in which each friend creates a couple of pages of artwork, the book is then passed to another friend for her artwork, and around and around until every member of the group has added to the Deco -- which is then returned to the originator.

The theme of the deco I'm sending around is "Season" ... and is open for every interpretation of that word - to season a roast, seasons of the year, seasons of one's life, etc.

I began my visual artwork with collaging, and so have used that medium for this Deco book. (Images are from various stickers, labels, metal charm, alphabets, various inks.

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful work. It's good to see you doing collage again! You are SO good at it.
I've read a lot about these Deco books but have not made time for one in my life yet!
Good going Lin.
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

What a nice idea! And so beautiful to look at.

Patti G. said...

Lin, your deco is gggggreat and I love the theme! It will be so wonderful when it comes home full of seasonal art! WHeeeeeeee! Hugs,Patti

Teri said...

Lin, these are some gorgeous pages!! Someone is very lucky to get them!! Great job.

Parisbreakfasts said...

I love these collages Lin !

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

I've never heard of a Deco book, so what has it got to do with Art Deco? Lovely pages and what a beaut idea.
Wendy

Terri said...

I'd forgotten how talented you are at this sort of thing. These are just divine Lin. You need to show us more of this side of your creativity. It is wonderful!!