Wednesday, October 18, 2006
EDM 89 Buttons
The model was a plastic, 1" button with a pearl like center surrounded by a semi-chain of gold ...
1. Watercolor alone -- no underdrawing -- While I like the softness of this, I can see I need a TON of practice to get better shapes and definition with a brush ...
2. I like the splash of ink - but think the lines are a bit too heavy
3. Pencil with watercolor -- a softer version that I tend to use
4. Pencil with watercolor and a mere touch of ink for shadow -- I think the shadow could have been better achieved with a liner brush and wtercolor
5. Is probably my favorite -- pencil undersketch, touches of LIGHT ink and watercolor
6. Pencil alone -- okay, but I miss the color
I'll continue these experiments as I haven't felt the 'AHA' of a particular style ... what I have determined is that even after 15 months of sketching (okay, so I'm a tad impatient!! LOL) -- I have a LONG way to go to achieve the accuracy and detailing I admire in others' works -- and DITTO for the watercolor!