Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bananas - Revisited

Bananas Sketched 1/27/07


Bananaswc 2 06
Originally uploaded by linfrye. Sketched 2/06
As I searched for a 'sketch' subject this weekend, I spotted some bananas my husband picked up for the grandchildren's visit. I hadn't sketched fruit in a while and thought I'd give the bananas another go.

I then remembered that I had sketched bananas before, so I searched my blog to find that I had done so almost a year ago.

These were sketched in February 2006.

I then compared these to the ones I sketched and watercolored this weekend ... and surprised myself with the differences in the values, light, lines.

10 comments:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Hey, neat to see both images. You have grown in your work. The subtle differences in value make a difference. Nice drawing.

Rachel Murphree said...

Oh Lin, yes you can definitely see the growth. the ones you sketched recently are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Great progress, Lin. It's terrific to see your growth.

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

what an amazing difference as you are fond of saying BRAVO LIN!!! AWESOME JOB!!! and my how you have grown:>

Anonymous said...

You know, they both have a charm--the ability was there, a year ago, very clearly--but oh, my, yes, your hard work IS paying off! Wow...

Brenda Yarborough said...

Wow Lin! If you keep improving at this rate, next year we'll be able to pick them off the page and eat them! Hee hee.
The ones last year were very good, this year they are OUTSTANDING!!

Anonymous said...

Lin,
Great to see them both together. The new bananas have such wonderful volume!

Jana Bouc said...

Wow! This was great to see. I have to admit I really like both of them--they're both lovely renditions of fruit. But the new bananas have such strength, vitality and pride and are beautifully rendered. The original ones seem softer, a little limp and lumpy--still tasty but a bit quirky (which is while I like them too!)

Anonymous said...

The difference is stunning!

Teri said...

This growth of yours is just wondrous! I have so enjoyed taking this journey with you.

I also thank you for all your support along the way. I agree with everything you said in te EDM post.