Thursday, November 15, 2007

EDM 142 Hot Peppers


EDM 142 Hot Peppers
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Returning to 12 and 14 hour days at work leaves little time at the B&B to PAINT -- sigh ... so I think I'm going to have to be satisfied with SKETCHES while I"m away from home and do my painting practice when I have more room, time and lighting.

Last night Rebecca's son suggested I sketch this bottle of peppers while I was hunting for 'sketch inspiration' ... and as it fit one of the Everyday Matters challenges, I decided to give it a go. Overhead kitchen lighting makes large, dramatic shadows impossible ... so I satisfied myself with highlights in the glass ....

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

Well done!!! Glass is so difficult, especially in bright lighting and you did a fantastic job. He had a good idea for you.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Tami said...

Wow! Your glass bottle is to be proud of! Nice job for a "sketch". Although, I am loving your paintings!

juj said...

Your painting is beautiful - and I have to say I'm jealous of the item itself, we used the last of our hot peppers the other day and now we are jonesing for more!

Teri C said...

The owrk on this glass and the enclosed peppers is absolutely wonderful!!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Looking at your blog yesterday I was blown away at the great things you've been painting lately .. and then got side tracked. I had thought I commented on your awesome posts, now I find out I just thought all the comments I wanted to tell you...

I think it is so great that you are able to attend all those classes. Its fun to see how other artists work. I always get some little tip that I never thought of that makes the whold class worth while.

Lovely work.

Jana Bouc said...

Wonderful! You did a great job with the glass, especially the corners. What a great idea for a subject.

Felicity said...

Excellent!

Linda said...

Beautifully done! You've captured the darks well, got the highlights just right, a bit of reflection, a bit of shadow -- and vadababoom!... good show!

Sandy said...

Ohhh...love this!

sandy