Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cardinal in the Snow


cardinal in the snow
Originally uploaded by linfrye
I opened my computer this morning to a spam alert, sigh, so I'm on my husband's computer while I clean my computer for the second time this wekend -- and not sure how this sketch looks on his screen ..

In any event, we've been having warmer temperatures and the weeds are turned my dry soil a vivid green -- and still I sit here drinking coffee and wishing for a bit more snow (we only had snow ONCE this year!) ...

The birds are emptying their feeders weekly so I am delighted to see such activity around the house .... We also have a large population of cardinals and tend to fill our feeders with their favorite sunflowers seeds .... I see another trip to the store for more!

9 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Looks beautiful to me!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

This is beautiful! Don't say the snow word around me!!! It is miserable here this year!
hugs, chris

Lorraine said...

Love the branches -- so realistic -- and with the snow they set the red Cardinal off beautifully! Brrr, getting really cold here again after a beautiful sunny day yesterday.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

It looks so BEAUTIFUL Lin. Perfectly done.

Joan said...

Beautiful job on the cardinal!! The branches of the tree came out lovely too. I hope it warms up a bit down there. I will be taking a watercolor workshop down in Myrtle Beach in a few weeks.

Wabbit said...

It looks lovely! I always wish for snow too. But it isn't too likely in AZ even in winter. I love cardinals, they've always been my favorite birds. You're inspiring me to finally start to try out watercolors.

Sandy said...

Cardinals create such a spot of red in the winter and you captured that bright beauty. Another month to signs of spring here, excpet maybe a cardinal or two ;-)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic composition and brilliant colors!

Ivona Hrvatin said...

A really sweet painting. The branches are amazing.