Monday, March 03, 2008

Pink Rose


Pink Rose
Originally uploaded by linfrye
It was a glorious day yesterday -- temperatures in the mid-60sF, sun shining -- and spring chores awaiting.

C and I worked a bit outside trying to ready the grounds for the upcoming season --- we pruned a bit, C installed our much needed rain barrel, we trimmed the winter-dead blossom heads from some of the plants, cleaned out the bluebird house, and generally BEGAN the heavy process of winter clean-up. We have a lot of plans this spring for de-cluttering, general tidying-up, painting and more ... so my own pleasure painting will have to take a less prominent role in my weekends very soon.

Meantime, I'm working on a landscape that I've attempted twice now, with dreadful results --- I hear this is happening to a number of us --- maybe our muses are out getting ready for spring too? So here's the rose I painted Thursday -- trying for a delicate pink color. I do love roses -- they always remind me of my mom ...

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

This is so lovely and delicae Lin -- and looks so real. You should send this to your mom!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri C said...

So delicately beautiful!!

mARTa said...

This is lovely! Now with school little time for me in the yard or spring cleaning! I may have to run out back and smell my roses!

janabouc said...

Wowee! You nailed this one--it's so delicate and almost transparent. Just beautiful!