Monday, March 03, 2008

Pink Rose


Pink Rose
Originally uploaded by linfrye
It was a glorious day yesterday -- temperatures in the mid-60sF, sun shining -- and spring chores awaiting.

C and I worked a bit outside trying to ready the grounds for the upcoming season --- we pruned a bit, C installed our much needed rain barrel, we trimmed the winter-dead blossom heads from some of the plants, cleaned out the bluebird house, and generally BEGAN the heavy process of winter clean-up. We have a lot of plans this spring for de-cluttering, general tidying-up, painting and more ... so my own pleasure painting will have to take a less prominent role in my weekends very soon.

Meantime, I'm working on a landscape that I've attempted twice now, with dreadful results --- I hear this is happening to a number of us --- maybe our muses are out getting ready for spring too? So here's the rose I painted Thursday -- trying for a delicate pink color. I do love roses -- they always remind me of my mom ...

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

This is so lovely and delicae Lin -- and looks so real. You should send this to your mom!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

So delicately beautiful!!

mARTa said...

This is lovely! Now with school little time for me in the yard or spring cleaning! I may have to run out back and smell my roses!

Anonymous said...

Wowee! You nailed this one--it's so delicate and almost transparent. Just beautiful!