Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hydrangeas - Loosely Speaking

Almost Friday -- It has been one busy, late, late, late--night week, with tonight starting at 7 am and ending after 10:30 pm as meetings, presentations, and long drives home wear me out ... sigh. I will be so glad to have a vacation day Monday, and a few days off for July 4 -- now to just get through today and my foggy head!

These hydrangeas gracing my desk were brought to me by my assistant -- whose shrubs are gloriously filled with delightful blossoms! With evening meetings, writing, reports, and registrations taking so many of my nights, I've been sketching a bit during my lunch hour -- and thought I would try to capture these as loosely as I could. I've debated for two days whether or not I should add 'definition lines' before posting. Well, I thought I'd try something VERY different for me -- no lines -- and loose. I'm still not sure about whether they need more definition -- but for now, this is it! LOL

8 comments:

Teri said...

Just beautiful! That vase is awesome. You have definitely achieved the looseness you always work for. Love them as they are.

Carole said...

This is PERFECT just as it is, Lin. This loose style really suits those flowers, and I love the way you have reflected the colour of the blooms in the shadow of the vase.

Laura Frankstone said...

I agree with Teri and Carole. This is perfect. A real breakthrough.

Joan said...

Lin - This is great as is!!!The vase is really super.I like the looseness of this.

Anonymous said...

I like it just as it is too, partly because I just like it and partly because it seems like a real breakthrough for you to paint this loosely and let it be!! Good for you.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colours Lin1 I'm so jealous of these blue hydrangeas, with our sol they turn an exotic dark purple/pink. Beautiful brushwork, and defintley loose!
Ronell

caseytoussaint said...

This is a really gorgeous painting, Lin!

Linda said...

Lin -- this is one of your best ever. REALLY!