Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rebecca's Columbine


Rebecca's Columbine
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

After a day hauling planters, pots, flats, soil, walking at least 6 miles back and forth in the greenhouse rearranging plants, these bony ol' arms and legs got to the B&B just about dark -- in time to collapse!! lol

I didn't have much time to sketch, nor much energy, so Rebecca allowed me to pick a few columbine to use for my daily practice.

Today, we'll be continuing work in the greenhouse, designing a vegetable bed for display, making signs and the like. I'll be scarce.

It's raining, but warm, but Saturday promises to be glorious! Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Beautiful, Lin! I love those rich reds on the flowers and the swaying stems...... nice composition!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, another beauty. Spring really provides you with a wealth of flower subjects, each more wonderful than the last. The colors and details on this one are incredible especially after the arm breaking day you had!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

You did a lovely job on these delicate flowers!!! After reading about your day, I am tired. lol