Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Sunrise through the Grasses

Sunrise through the Grasses
Daily Practice
Journal

Mike is home!!! And I am ever so grateful for all your thoughts and prayers that have encouraged us and helped us through the last two weeks. We've more to go through, but oftentimes, the most healing place to be is -- HOME.

I saw this wonder photo on my dear friend, Ronah's webpage (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kookie895/4070140011/), and she has graciously allowed me to use it for this painting. It so reminded me of the light at the end of our tunnel, of hope, and of promise - that I thought today would be just the right time to post it. Ronah's photography is incredible, and I thank YOU Ronah for never failing to lift my spirits with your glorious work. Thank you for the use of this image too!

After Mike was released yesterday and settled at the house, I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening chasing prescriptions, supplies, foods and making those innumerable phone calls to insure that he'll be okay as I return to work today. I understand there's a mountain of paperwork to plow through, more phone calls, and deadlines ahead. I'm confident I'll muddle through with caffeine and sugar (my drugs of choice! LOL) and images like this sunrise reminding me that the worst is over and gratitude prevails.

Thank you all --- most humbly.

6 comments:

Teri said...

Gorgeous, significant painting to celebrate the good news!

Ivona Hrvatin said...

So great your son is back home! Wonderful news!

A beautiful painting, Lin. It has this amazing light emanating peace and happiness.

Lorraine said...

What a glowing painting -- and it is so appropriate for the celebration of Mike coming home. You are truly amazing with how much you accomplish every day. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Mike.
Hugs and Love,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Wonderful news!!!!

This is so serene and comforting. I think I love sunrises because they represent the beginning of something new. May it bring you serenity and a wonderful day.

Claire M said...

I love your fall images! I don't know how it happened, but I've been out of touch for a bit. I've missed reading your blog entries. I wish the best for the health of your son and your mom. Take care ... and keep a paintbrush nearby!!

Linda said...

I'm so glad your son is doing better and is back home! I know you are feeling quite a bit of relief.