Monday, January 25, 2010

Rainy Day Blues


Rainy Day Blues
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

We had a few errands to run yesterday, and this is what we saw -- rain clouds gathering, wet, damp earth, greens of pine and bare hardwoods. Patches of faded pastures between the hills, and the ominous skies.

It's very challenging to check the correct color and intensity of my painting on my husband's computer screen ... in real life this is probably somewhat darker than I'm seeing this morning as I post it. I had my own computer balanced so that I could replicate the original pretty closely ... so I apologize for any off-colors or intensities!

The heaviest of the rains awoke me at 1:00 am this morning, and now at 5:00, it sounds as though we've a break in the worst of it. Still, we are promised more rain throughout the day. It'll be a long drive to work.

Still no computers. IT identified a hardware problem in one of my drives and had to redo all installations -- sigh. I do tend to wear out a computer! LOL

Stay safe today -- the storms are fierce!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Lovely painting Lin. I especially like how the left foreground and the sky seem to balance each other in colors. And those colors are a nice complement to the tans/browns/ of the foliage and trees. Nice composition and the light is beautiful.

Our rains finished off early this morning and now we are back in the 30's. At least the outdoor kitties are getting some sun!

I hope by now you are safely at work.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

It is a beautiful painting to remember these days of rain when it becomes a hot summer.

Computer problems are SO frustrating!!!! HOpe it gets fixed soon.

Joan said...

Awesome!!! I love the colors and the movement in the sky and the land.

We are having storms too. Right now I'm on the computer at the public library. The lights in the building went out, but for some reason most (not all) of the computers are still working. It is eerie to be in the dark with just a room full of lit computer screens for light. lol I hope the power is restored soon. Stay safe and dry.

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Wooow! That's fantastic!! Amazing ground, grasses and trees in perfect tuning with the sky.