Thursday, April 22, 2010

Inspired by Blue Flowers


Inspired by Blue Flowers
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

I'm feeling a bit tired this week, and last night I just couldn't focus on painting. Instead, I splattered some paint, deciding on a different color combo than I've used lately. I thought I'd splatter and then do a meditative, restive piece, shape piece -- but instead, the paint decided to form flowers ... and so I worked with what was before me. It was restful and meditative too ... just what I needed.

It's damp and foggy this mornig and we're outdoors today with our Plant a Row for the Hungry volunteers. Rain is in the forecast all weekend - good for the garden!

Hope your day is cheerful and fun!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful and bold. Looks like my favorite blue and purple pansies with yellow centers. Outstanding.

Yes, cooler and damp here too but we are SO in need of rain; the forest fires have already started and outside burning is banned across many counties including ours.

Rest up dear friend.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

I like the loose look and the negative painting. Lovely!!

We are having sunshine, but I won't get to spend any time outdoors. My MIL is in the hospital for tests, so I've been spending most of my time driving back and forth to visit.

Have a great spring day!!

Teri said...

So beautiful!!!! I can imagine how restful this was.

Ann Flower said...

I am amazed to see the painting of flowers on your blog. It looks awesome. Keep on posting. Iflorist.co.uk