Friday, June 11, 2010

Inspired by a Field of Daisies

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

The roadsides are dotted with clumps of yellow and white daisies surrounded by lush, rain-aided green grasses .... These bright, seemingly smiling flowers brighten the drive home as well as the fields and ditches along the way.

Our intense heat has returned along with the beginning of summer bounties. One of the Plant a Row volunteers brought me such incredibly delicious plums yesterday, so my task today is to render them into my husband's favorite prserves. The stuffed squash and daylily blossoms yesterday were a great hit! One volunteer brought cheesecake to share, deviled eggs from his own chickens, a cooling watermelon and I added zucchini bread -- what a feast. On top of that, we donated 40 1/2 pounds of food to the foodbank yesterday!

We're expecting company this weekend, as well as hosting C's Jam (the music kind), and yardwork to do - going to be busy -- again!

Stay cool today ...!

6 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Hi Lin,

What a treat to visit your blog. I love your work. Your Field of Daisies is amazing. Not to mention the food, I think it's time for breakfast. Have a great day.

Joan

Lorraine said...

Ooh you are making me hungry!!

What a lovely, bright, and happy painting today. Your roadsides must be much more into "flower power" than ours. I love the profusion and colors!

Have a good weekend.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

You KNOW I love this painting with those happy daisies!

Joan said...

Lovely daisies!!!! Did you splatter for this one? Nice depth of color and negative painting.

We are having a beautiful day today, but I can't go out painting. My nephew from CA is in NYC on business and we are meeting him for an early dinner before he flies home. It should be fun.

Enjoy!!!

Sue Seibert said...

Gorgeous, Lin!

Pat said...

A bright spot of sunshine for my morning, Thanks