Friday, August 20, 2010

Beaches and Getting Away from it All

Daily Practice
Journal Size

I got home late last night and my practice paintings weren't going well after such a long day. I painted this several weeks ago, but the sentiment remains ...! LOL

Had to run errands after unpacking the car, laundry, and getting our ripened figs into the dehydrator, and today is busy as well. I will be with my son as he has a few more tests at the local hospital -- fingers crossed that all goes well. The procedures tend to take a bit of time, so I won't be on line until some time this evening, and I hope to catch up with everyone then.

We've had more rain - but not significant amounts. Still, it was wonderful to collect another bowl of figs while they were plumped from needed moisture!

Have a great day ....!

3 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

I hope your son's tests have excellent results. Love your beach view painting.

Lorraine said...

An all-over lovely composition. Love the color of the water against the beach grass and the green trees and the sailboat in the distance.

Keeping your son in my thoughts today and sending positive energy his way and for you too. You are a terrific mom!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

It is so beautiful and serene. Makes me want to walk right in there.