Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dreaming of Sandy Beaches


Dreaming of Sandy Beaches
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal Size

As Hurricane Earl makes his way eastward, folks along the Atlantic coast, including NC, watch with worry as his track comes closer and closer to land. He's expected to remain at sea and turn northward WITHOUT making landfall, but predictions are 'best guesses' and one won't know until this hurricane is out to sea again. The North Carolina coast will definitely experience riptides and beach erosion from wind and rain ... and we will all hold our breaths until, at least, THIS storm has passed.

Meanwhile, I still dream of leisure days, sand between my toes, and CALM seas ....

It's a busy time here but the frantic first weeks of school are settling into routine and our monthly workshops will begin shortly ....

Take care.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh I love the lights and shadows in this one and especially the softness of those grasses wafting in the breeze. Beautiful sky; beautiful light and your words make me feel the sand between my toes too!

I heard briefly about Earl on TV last night, as well as a couple of his companions (!). My cousin also called from NH and said people there were worried about it too as it might "run up the coast to New England."

Wishing you calm seas and winds.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Such a beautiful peaceful beach. I pray it stays that way.