Monday, August 23, 2010

Inspired by Daisies


Inspired by Daisies
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal Size

It seems a long time since I splashed and splattered my way through a painting and I almost forgot how to 'see' that way of doing things .... I worked on this piece as a horizontal, and didn't like the way it was going - so I worked another painting. When I came back to my art table, it was sitting vertically, and suddenly, I could 'see' the flowers -- ! Funny!! LOL So I finished it last night.

I'm off to have my second cataract removed this morning, so I'll be back on line once I'm fully recovered ...

Take care today!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

I'm so glad you went back and "saw" the flowers. They are lovely -- the colors are so bright and cheerful and so well blended and I love the color, shape and definition in the leaves. Also the background!!

Good luck today with your surgery and take it easy with your new bionic eye!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

BEAUTEOUS!!

Best for the surgery.

Joan said...

Gorgeous job on this!!! I love the cheerful colors.

What surgery???!!! That's what happens when I am away and look at the paintings and don't have time to read the messages. Good luck with the surgery!!!!

annie said...

oops I got erased...Here goes...

Lovely splashing & spattering...Isn't it funny how a shift in perspective makes one see better.

Good luck with the cataract surgery. I had both done and see wonderfully now--amazing. Hope yours works as well.

annie