Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Poppies and Sweet Honesty Pods

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

Lorraine and I 'played' for five days -- trying various techniques, paints, mixed medias, studying books, DVDs, ideas and just 'splashing around.' I'll be posting some of those this week.

This work is a more stuided approach to a vase of poppies and sweet honesty seedpots I'd admired that Lorraine had on one of her shelves. The glorious part was the vase -- awesome glass in glowing oranges and blues and swirls of yellow -- which I'll have to paint sometime ..... but for this more serious of our playtime splashing -- I focused on the poppies and pods.

I'm home now, and will probably spend the next two days catching up on mail, bills and the sleep that Lorraine and I never found time to fit in ....

Though it's good to be home ....KY seems far to far away ....

No comments: