Sunday, January 16, 2011

Inspired By The Purple of White Flowers

1/8 sheet
Arches 140#CP

Busy day yesterday - errands, shopping, dinner with my son and grands, more shopping with them followed by the grands spending the night. New games, new movies, snacks --- oh yes, time to play at nonna's! LOL

We'll have the grands all day today as well. The weather is finally a bit warmer, so we'll be spending a bit of time outdoors. One of my neighbors has a few horses, and they always love to walk up the road for a visit and to bring the horses an apple or two, so a good walk is on the agenda.

They've also asked to 'paint with nonna' so that will be fun - and with 2 movies to watch, it'll be a quick day.

Hope your day is enjoyable as well!

5 comments:

annie said...

This really pops when enlarged on flickr, Lin. Gorgeous colors.

Well, Nonna, have a great time with your gang and the paints....Grandkids are such fun. I took care of mine for 4 years, a great deal of the time, and it was a gift. As they get older, I think it requires much more energy to keep up with them, but it is awesome to see them growing. My grandson and I paint together, too. He has confiscated a long desk on which I use to sleep with a portable mattress. He hung a painting with a note that said: "DO NOT SLEEP HERE. THIS IS CRIS'S PAINTING DESK."

annie

Lorraine said...

Oh my what a fantastic painting Lin. I love love love the colors of the flowers, the leaves and the white flowers set against the colors. WOW. What a beauty. The shading is fabulous. Can you tell I think this is a real beauty!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Wonderful darks and lights in this, Lin!!! I love it!

Sounds like a fun weekend with the grandkids. Enjoy it now...the grow up so quickly.

Have a great time!

Mary Jo said...

Oh, wow! Gorgeous!

Teri said...

The colors just vibrate and shimmer with beauty!!!