Monday, January 17, 2011

More Grapes!


More Grapes!
Originally uploaded by linfrye
1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

There are several 'done a while ago' paintings I've come across that I didn't get a chance to post .... this is one of them. It's part of a larger piece that didn't quite work in my evaluation, so I've cropped it for this view, which I like better.

Busy day with the grands yesterday - woke up to frozen water pipes --- got fixed several hours later -- made soap, painted, took a walk and fed the horses, hunted animal tracks and made pine cone and peanut butter bird feeders, played games, watched another movie, played in the tub with the soap they made -- a full day and fun. But oh did I sleep HARD last night!! LOL

Today, a day of rest and quiet, then return to a short workweek. My work schedule has been odd since Christmas with holidays, ice and snow storms, conferences out of town ...I wonder if the entire year will be like this month?

Hope your day is terrific! Remembering too to honor Martin Luther King today ...

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

It's lovely Lin. The shades in the leaves and their shapes are perfect and I love the shade of color on the red grapes, especially against the green background.

Wow; you deserve a rest today. Enjoy the solitude!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Oh so pretty Love those leaves even more than the grapes. But love the grapes too. :)

Sandy said...

Oh Lin - those grapes look so juicy - This makes me long for Italy!