Saturday, March 19, 2011

By the Light of the Moon

By the Light of the Moon  by linfrye
By the Light of the Moon a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

Did you see the moon last night?!!! HUGE - and it's supposed to be even larger tonight! We're paused at the last day of winter (according to the seasonal calendar) and with the temps this weekend, it feels like spring for sure!

The flowering trees on my property though are still holding back a bit - my saucer magnolia is still is bud and my flowering quince is JUST beginning to open. And my daffodils are barely out of the ground! In downtown Oxford, though, probably warmer just a bit than my rural home, these same plants are wide open - gracing the landscape with delicate pinks and peaches.

Today, a bit of gardening, a bit of painting, and a bit of chores ...should be a nice quiet weekend ...

Hope your is too!

5 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Hi Lin,

Yes I did see the moon. I love the colors in this painting. Exceptional!
Enjoy your weekend.

Lorraine said...

Ooh, almost spooky and deep and dark but brightly lit. A gorgeous moonscape! I love it!!

I didn't see the moon last night but did the night before and heard the news about tonight's moon. We had rain starting about 5 pm and lasting most of the night but it's sunny here today so I hope I get to see the magical optical illusion moon tonight!

I did see some clumps of pale yellow daffydills yesterday but other than that our trees are still "tight in the bud" and after a 70's day yesterday it's mighty chilly this morning.

Enjoy your day. Big hugs,
Lorraine

annie said...

I sure did see that moon and took a walk to enjoy it. Your painting is mesmerizing with the light and shadow on the clouds. And that COLOR...a really special painting, Lin.
annie

Teri said...

OH, this is GORGEOUS!!!! I love that deep purple lit by the bright moon!!!

annie said...

Sunday. Good morning, Lin.

I hope that you got to enjoy the moon, again, last night. Some folks had to deal with too many clouds. Ours was a beautiful night.

I keep meaning to tell you how much I like this format on your blog, now, that enlarges your paintings as it opens up. Beautiful, and they always make my morning. Thank you for them.

annie