Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rainy Day after Karpinska

Rainy Day after Karpinska by linfrye
Rainy Day after Karpinska, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 sheet
Arches 140#CP

I was reading a book by Ewa Karpinska on wet in wet applications - she painted a viewon which this is based - but I changed the colors and landscape a bit to show more of the scene from my window .....the chartruese and bright green of spring tree foliage against the greys of storm clouds arriving over blue skies. Grasses line the roads in uncut waves as cold temperatures and back-to-back days of precipitation have kept most folks out of their gardens and away from their lawns.

With more rain in the forecast for all day today as well as tomorrow, It looks like our art dedication will be postponed until next week.

Classes last night went well- just a long, long day - mirrored by another one today ...

Stay well and dry!

5 comments:

Joan said...

Oooh!!! I can almost feel the humidity of this scene! Excellent job on that stormy sky and the movement of the spring grasses.

We have beautiful weather today and I spent most of the day so far having my taxes done. But I'm going out with our sketch group later this afternoon. Hope there are a few signs of spring to paint outdoors. Have a great day!

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Wow! This is so wonderfully moody, Lin! Great job!

Teri said...

Oh so pretty Lin. Love that wet-in-wet.

hmuxo said...

I love that Sky! Wonderful painting.

annie said...

Gorgeous moody sky, Lin. Lovely contrast, the grass in front and the spring green in the middle.
annie