Friday, August 05, 2011

Figs

Figs  by linfrye
Figs , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

This painting of figs if from my archives. My own fig tree has finally begun ripening - but this year, due to so many days without rain, the figs are half the size! Still, we've been able to pick about a quart of the sweet fruits ...YUM!

It's a busy intense weekend with much to organize and prepare for the exhibit next week, car maintenance, watering, grandchildren...

Hope you have a great weekend - I'll check in as chores get crossed off the list!

Don't forget to vote!

4 comments:

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Yummy fruit and so good for you. My grandfather and father use to grow figs. Enjoy your busy schedule.

Joan T said...

Yum!!!!! These look so ripe. The rest of your posts are not showing for me today, so I can not comment on more. All the best! Ciao!

Lorraine said...

Oh what rich deep tones in your figs -- so real I can just taste them. Bravo!

So happy you had rain too.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri C said...

Rich beautiful colors.