Friday, August 05, 2011

Figs

Figs  by linfrye
Figs , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

This painting of figs if from my archives. My own fig tree has finally begun ripening - but this year, due to so many days without rain, the figs are half the size! Still, we've been able to pick about a quart of the sweet fruits ...YUM!

It's a busy intense weekend with much to organize and prepare for the exhibit next week, car maintenance, watering, grandchildren...

Hope you have a great weekend - I'll check in as chores get crossed off the list!

Don't forget to vote!

4 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Yummy fruit and so good for you. My grandfather and father use to grow figs. Enjoy your busy schedule.

Joan Tavolott said...

Yum!!!!! These look so ripe. The rest of your posts are not showing for me today, so I can not comment on more. All the best! Ciao!

Lorraine said...

Oh what rich deep tones in your figs -- so real I can just taste them. Bravo!

So happy you had rain too.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Rich beautiful colors.