Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Rosy Sun-Up - THANk YOU!!!!!

Rosy Sun-Up  - THANk YOU!!!!! by linfrye
Rosy Sun-Up - THANk YOU!!!!!, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

Rosy Sun-Up - THANk YOU!!!!!

9" x 12" Arches 140#CP

My Thanks to BeataCz for inspiring this work!!! Thank you, Beata ---!! Please see her incredible photography (www.flickr.com/photos/57909733@N02/6522120939/in/faves-li... )!

I painted this before Christmas and long before Mom's illness, but it is fitting to post this positive and glowing work today! Mom has finally 'woken up', regained her consciousness and cogency, is eating, even walking a bit since her hip replacement, recognizing us, and returning to herself!

Thank you is a paltry few words to express the heartfelt gratitude of my entire family for your thoughts, prayers, good wishes, support and kindness during this most difficult time. I think now, especially, this painting speaks louder than any words I might find. Though the road to full recovery is long, we believe we've turned a corner - and can finally smile a bit more optimistically than we have in the last month. And we owe YOU our gratitude to helping bring that hope and glow to life.

My mother's favorite flower has always been the rose, and the symbolism of this painting - the sun rise, the colors, the woodlands (such a source of comfort for me) - couldn't speak more loudly of the joy and gratitude we are feeling.

Thank you again, Beata - for inspiring this -

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful painting and you're right, it says so much just by it's glorious sunshine.

I'm so very happy that your mom has turned the corner toward wellness. I know it will still be a long tough road but this is such good news that she is cognizant and eating. What a time you've all had and I'm keeping you all in my heart.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Such wonderful news about your mother and a beautiful painting to celebrate it.

Joan Tavolott said...

Beautiful!!! Bravo!

I am so glad to hear the good news about your mom! Hopefully her spirit will keep her moving in the right directions. It must be such a relief! All the best. I will keep her and you in my prayers.