Sunday, April 15, 2012

Fields of Bluebells - Thank YOU, Andew!

10" x 13"
Arches 140#CP

I am utterly enthralled with fields of bluebells --- the photos posted by my friend, Andrew (www.flickr.com/photos/100200300400500/7076301595/in/photo..) put me to dreaming of those amazing pink, blue, lavender fields. This painting, done while traveling around North Carolina in my husband's truck yesterday, is my more etheral interpretation of Andrew's incredible photo. My sincerest thanks to Andrew for inspiring this work -- and for showing me a view of bluebells I have never seen -- but can only imagine. Please stop by Andrew's photostream for some incredible photography!!!

Bluebells in Andrew's England, and yellow fields here in my region of North Carolina. The mustard fields are just beginning to bloom. I LOVE fields of wildflowers and grasses -- whether blue or yellow, white, pink or green --- fields are incredibly filled with all kinds of life - insects, birds, flowers, weeds, seeds - they're like seas of landed vegetation .... the wind making waves through the grasses and blossoms.... trees making shadows and sunshiney areas ... all of it -- magic ...and the stuff of dreams.

The next several weeks for me will be incredibly busy and my time on flickr will be limited. Our largest fund-raiser, The Arboretum's plant sale, will be on Saturday -- and so my work week will be filled with all sorts of craziness! LOL The following weekend will be an exhibit of artwork (mine included), and the weekend after that I'll be visiting my mom and away from home. Whew ....

Today is also my youngest son's birthday -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!!!!

And so for today, the sun is shining, the temperatures are warm, and the garden is calling .... it's a day of dreaming ....

Bluebells and fields of yellow ....

Gardens of vegetables and wildflowers ....

Sunshine and soft breezes ....

Hope your day is wonderful!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Lovely as usual. I like the play of sun over the blue flowers in the foreground and the trees look like they are swaying in a gentle breeze.

Whew; what a busy time girl -- but it is that time of year again when your work gets really hectic. Good luck with the plant sale.

Happy Birthday to Mike.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Aquarell said...

Du spielst mit dem Licht als ob es Dir gehört Lin...*LOL*
Es ist aber auch wahrscheinlich so, den Deine Bilder haben das Licht vom feinsten. Gratulliere;-)

Teri said...

BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL!'!!!!!!!!!

Joan Tavolott said...

Love the light on the flowers and the colors are to die for! Nicely done.

Sounds like you will be very busy. Hope it all goes well!

It is 81 degrees here today!