Saturday, April 28, 2012

Quiet Marsh - Thank you Fran!

Quiet Marsh - Thank you Fran! by linfrye
Quiet Marsh - Thank you Fran!, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

10" x 13"
Arches 140#CP

It's been an exceptionally busy time for me and this whirlwind I am on has another ten days or so before I "think" I can land!

The Art and Food Festival last night was a FABULOUS event!!! The delicious food was served by 15 different area restaurants and caterers, delightful music was provided, and a dazzling display of artwork was shown for show and for sale. While I didn't win any ribbons, I was humbled and delighted to enjoy a bevy of compliments about my artwork, answer questions about my upcoming art classes, and I even made a sale! And more - I've been invited to exhibit at several new venues! A really wonderful day I'm ever grateful for.

But oh how this incredible busyness has left me mighty tired. And so, especially at times like these, I turn to things that comfort and restore me --- and one such 'place' is the marsh. My dear friend, Fran, has graciously allowed me to paint HER marsh www.flickr.com/photos/fahansen/7088062397/in/photostream and I thank her for her permission as well as the sense of quiet and peace her image inspired! Thank you on all counts, Fran!! Please stop by her flickr stream for YOUR dose of JOY!

I hope to catch up with family and friends for the remainder of this weekend - and thank each of you for your continued support and encouragement!

Have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

maria said...

hi lin,
a beautiful idyll and a space to meditate, just calm and quiet
another wonderful watercolor work-
a sunny Saturday love, greetings
maria

Joan Tavolott said...

Congrats on the sale! Sounds like you had a productive day. This is lovely...nice and peaceful.

Hope you get to catch up on everything and still have time to enjoy the weekend.

Aquarell said...

Ich liebe das Bild. Die Natur ist so herrlich. Ausgezeichnet Lin;-)