Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rain Coming

Rain Coming by linfrye
Rain Coming, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

For our 20th anniversary, my husband and I went to Topsail beach on the North Carolina coast and spent a few days at a marvelous bed and breakfast overlooking the marsh. I LOVE the quiet of the marsh, that peaceful green, the lapping of water, the sound of sea birds .... and our breakfasts were absolutely out of this world gourmet!!!!

During the first couple of days there, the weather wasn't very cooperative, and we had rain ... but we found plenty to do. I sat on our private balcony and painted the view just as the rainclouds gathered over the marshes .....

It was a restful vacation - apparently both of us needed our batteries recharged ... and love our walks along the beach and marsh, visits to museums, and a few small towns that were utterly charming.

We've rain in the forecast for the weekend, and we could use some - but oh how the days have been simply beautiful with Carolina blue skies, sunshine and delightful temperatures. Fall at it's best!

6 comments:

Patti G. said...

Lin,
Your pieces, all of them in the posts below as well, ARE GORGEOUS! Your talents abound dear lady!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,Patti

Joan Tavolott said...

Great job on that stormy sky. It is great that you had a covered view so you could paint. Hope your really enjoyed the restful vacation. When do you come back to NY for your workshop? Enjoy!!

Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness what terrific storm clouds. You've captured them beautifully. The whole scene is brooding and reminds me of descriptions of England seaside areas although I've never been.

Sounds like a great place to be for some R&R -- especially the breadfasts!!

Hugs
Lorraine

Teri said...

Oh wow, gorgeous painting!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful blog.. Thanks for this I spent my time just reading your blog. Thanks again. God bless!

barns perth

Unknown said...

What a beautiful blog.. Thanks for this I spent my time just reading your blog. Thanks again. God bless!

barns perth