Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Fall Lake View - THANK YOU - TOM!

10 1/4" x 14" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP


Fall seems to be taking its sweet time turning our trees anything more than yellow. Here and there I find a full gold - in the sycamores and tulip trees - both of which are losing their leaves rather quickly.

I can only spot a dogwood or two and some winged sumacs that are red .. but nothing as exuberantly orange as the image posted by my friend, Tom, who graciously allowed me to use the inspiration of his photo to paint this fall view. Please see Tom's work here to enjoy even more glorious works! www.flickr.com/photos/pax12/8029323118/in/photostream Thank you so much, Tom!!!

Our temps have risen again and the rain comes and goes -- nights and morning are chilly - and I suppose I am anxious to see more colors in the landscape. I am so enjoying the marvelous fall colors that my flickr friends are posting, and I thank Tom once again for sharing his fall with all of us.

Hope you have a great week!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Beautiful autumn landscape Lin. Just beautiful!

Lorraine said...

Yum; it's gorgeous Lin. The fall colors are so rich and vibrant, especially set against the beautiful blue water and green tree. What a nice surprise to open your blog this morning and be treated to this glorious scene.

Our trees are still mostly green but lots are falling -- all the rain I guess.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

Lovely autumn view!!!

It feels a bit like fall here...and all of a sudden, almost overnight you can see touches of orange and reds on some of the trees. I love the change to autumn, but I hate that the day is so much shorter. Enjoy!!