Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dahlia Collection Bayard Cutting Arboretum, LI, NY

While visiting my sisters and mom this past 10 days, I had the wonderful opportunity to spend an afternoon with my dear friends Susan T. (www.flickr.com/photos/52358552@N06/) and Joan T. (www.flickr.com/photos/23074176@N08/) at the Bayard Cutting Arboretum (www.bayardcuttingarboretum.com/).

The day couldn't have been more gorgeous - blue skies, mild temps, sunshine -- and a garden filled with blooms! We visited the area near the community gardens where the Dahlia collection was housed and in full glory. We sat among the vegetables and sunflowers and painted plein air together. It has been so long since I've done any plein air work -- such fun, and to chat and enjoy the scenery, flowers, and weather with good friends - was just a bit of heaven!

The time, of course, went far too fast -- but I hope to see these gals again soon.

Thank you again, Susan and Joan for a most delightful afternoon!

Please see
http://www.flickr.com/photos/linfrye

for dozens of photos from this trip including plein air sketch.

3 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

It was our pleasure to spend such a perfect day with you. Glad it worked out so well.

We have been luck and the nice weather has continued. I've had a few beautiful days in a row for plein air painting. Enjoy, my friend!

Maree Clarkson said...

Wow, what a wonderful colour for a Dahlia! Beautiful capture Lin!

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous.
The dahlias have been gorgeous this year in KY like I've never seen them. I guess all the rain helped make them the best year ever.
Thanks for sharing and glad you got out for some plein air painting and to do it with friends.
Hugs,
Lorraine