Sunday, March 30, 2014

On the Pond

11" x 14" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

It's been a week of more conflicting weather - sunshine, rain, grey skies, cold, warm ... still, spring advances in visuals - blooming Bradford Pears, Ornamental cherries, Forsythia, Spirea, dandelions, chickweed, henbit, daffodils, and in Raleigh - the first tulips.  I can't get into my garden yet .. and my seedlings now have grown as tall as my youngest grandson ..!  This week promises warmer, steadier seasonal weather -- fingers crossed!

While spring takes its sweet time to settle in, I review my image collection and use spring and summer photos from last year to paint my dreams.

There is a small pond nearby that I pass frequently on trips to town.  Two almost entwined trees seem to stand  as sentinels by the roadside .. and as I drive by, I note seasonal changes through the various stages of vegetation along its edges.

Today, the trees remain leafless and the grasses a mix of dull umbers .. but last year -- this is what I saw ....

So I paint -- to remember -  to honor -- to wish  ....

What a marvelous tool for transformation ......

Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Lin - I am so glad you paint to remember and to cherish. This is so lovely. Your work always charms my soul. You paint the things I so love. Take care and have a beautiful week. Glad spring is starting to show signs...it is here too now.

obat tipes said...

Thank you with this article, I got a very useful new knowledge