Saturday, March 07, 2020

Journal - Village Shop


Journal - The sun finally came out yesterday, and though it was cold, my friend Gwen and I got together to sketch. The wind was whipping cold air, so we sat in the warm car, sun bright, and sketched one of the buildings at Southport's Old Village Shop. I didn't like how mine came out, so I redid it this morning - using my painting from yesterday as a reference, and a soluable ink ballpoint pen and watercolors. I like the look of THESE lines better than the solid lines I tend to do using a permanent pen ...this seems more sketchy to me - and I hope to replicate the line quality more often! (Fingers crossed! LOL)

3 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I think the water soluble ink adds a certain charm and warmth to the sketch! Nicely done, Lin!

Sketchbook Wandering said...

Just lovely, and glad you got to get out there. I'm going tomorrow with a small group.

Debbie Nolan said...

Lin this is a beautiful sketch. Looks like a fun place to visit too. Hope you are having a delightful start to your week. Hugs!