Sunday, February 04, 2007

Lemon


Lemon
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
I thought I'd reinforce some lessons I'm practicing about color values and blending.

I've been in such a lemon mood lately -- maybe it's the dry heat and the desire for the tang of lemon -- but whenever I"m asked what I'd like for dinner - it ususally has a lemon base. And I think I could eat veal with lemons and capers every night! (and spend even more time at the gym!!!)

Funny thing, these were so difficult to scan! The scanner must have been picking up all the bits of grey because somehow when I went to correct the coloring to match my image, I couldn't remove the grey at all! I wound up taking a photo and then adjusting that -- but for me, in the middle of the woods, I found it difficult to find ample natural light to render the proper colors.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful depth and modeling of the forms, subtle pattern on the plate, and nice shadow beneath it -- gorgeous!

Teri said...

Holy Cow! These lemons are gorgeous!! Everything is totally perfect.

Love you sharing your little party. They grow SO fast don't they!

Julie Oakley said...

lovely painting. I always have a bowl of lemons in my kitchen can't live without 'em

Anonymous said...

Holy cow is right. Darn, Lin, they are sumptuous. The color is so rich.

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

Girl you are getting to be quite THE artist....was trying to decide which of your wc i liked best besides the peace rose and when i saw these...well they win hands down...AWESOME FABULOUS....you have arrived.....