Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Strawberries


Strawberries
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
It is difficult to imagine the challenge I had with painting strawberries -- I must be far more flagged than I'm willing to admit. Anyway, the color, scent and taste cheered me -- as I was lost for a while last night in my painting frustrations, relegating family health matters to the back of my mind.

This morning - 9:00 a.m. Update:

Mom - apparently her attack was worse than we thought. She'll be in the hospital UNTIL her infection clears and then the doctors will decide if surgery will be necessary.

Ken - not doing very well and is not expected to continue his battle

My granddaughter - doing better - but still no sleep for anyone

Brother in law - in surgery

To add weight to the woes, my good friend's daughter has become ill adding to the list of folks for whom our hearts surge ...

Tonight is a busy workshop and very late evening ...

6 comments:

Teri said...

Gosh, there is certainly an overload of bad news and a few good. I pray that all will be better soon. Wonderful little painting which is amazing with all that is going on.

Hugs!

Bonny said...

Hang in there, Lin. I'm really sorry about all the troubles you are facing just now. It makes you feel vulnerable and somehow out of your deapth. Be strong and keep your Faith. I'll keep you and yours in my Prayers.

Your strawberries look good enoughto eat!

Hugs,

Bonny

Kerstin Klein said...

hi there, i´m sending get well vibes over the ocean to hear some good new from you soon.
the pic you posted today is lovely!

Cin said...

I'm sorry that everyone is going through such a difficult time, take care Lin

Brenda Yarborough said...

Your strawberries are wonderful and I'm glad you had a little time of "mind rest" while working on them. You and all those you hold dear are in my prayers!

Anastasia said...

sorry to hear it was another rough day...hang in there!!! I love your strawberries!